If you are asked to reconstruct yesterday, then recall the level of happiness, how much would you rate your happiness? I had participated in a 'happiness survey' today, and that's what I basically asked to do. No obvious answer whether I am happy or sad right now, because I just go through a whole lot of questions answering yes/no/rating. In a particular section, I was asked to recall the most happiest event that I have in the past 12 months, sadly, I could not think of one. Is this one of the reflection that my life was actually dull and boring? Or actually my feelings have become numb as I go through my law degree.
I have become relatively insensitive to the change of feelings within myself, but focus too much on those materials stuff. The emotions sway too easily by the surrounding things. I started to lost myself. 'Oh, everyone is doing this, so I have to...' Do I really need to? or I just can't afford to be left out by the society at large? I cant accept myself to be an alien at the eyes of public. What do I truly want, asked myself. I have been caged in an invisible cage, that I found no way to escape. It is the social/peer pressure. Why we are nothing when we have no obtained a degree/high distinction? Why the self-value is judged according to our qualification level. Why are human ranked according to their IQ and academic result?
The first thing comes to mind every morning when I open my eyes, would be 'study.. study... study'. No doubt this is what so called a 'student-life', but am I forgetting life is not just about study and result? How long since I actually take a time out of my life and start reading books (other than academic) for my own leisure? I think that would be a luxury for me in such a tight schedule. But, in terms of happiness, how much happiness would I gain from getting a satisfactory result and would it be happier than having leisure life? How long can the happiness gain from glamour last? Would your life has no regret since then?
Some people would say, you are working hard now for your future, your hard work will get paid off in future by the ways of high salary, branded stuff, etc. If you don't work hard enough right now, you will get nothing in future. By saying that, nothing means unhappiness. Our mind has set to judge one's happiness according to one's wealth and lifestyle, instead of soul and mind.

2 comments:
Don't give yourself too much pressure! Life is enjoyable. Even if its just cooking some awesome food at home, joking and hanging around with friends, or window shopping would do the job. Maybe you can start thinking, what do you have passion for. Even if its an indoor activity, you will feel more lively and productive than lazy around doing nothing.Life is more than just that piece of paper :)
thanks ivy! *love*
Post a Comment